PeepingMoon Exclusive: Kanika Kapoor becomes first Bollywood celeb to test POSITIVE for Coronavirus!


Yesterday, exclusively broke the grim news that Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor was quietly rushed to King George’s Medical University in Lucknow with Coronavirus symptoms. Even as our sources confirmed that the singer has tested positive for Covid-19 and is admitted to the Isolation Ward at KGMU for 14 days, Kanika issued a statement to select media.


It says, “For the past four days I have had signs of flu. I got myself tested and it came positive for Covid-19. My family and I are in complete quarantine now and following medical advice on how to move forward. Contact mapping of people I have been in touch with is underway as well.” Adding that she was feeling okay, and her symptoms were “like a normal flu and a mild fever”, Kanika cautioned people to be sensible and think of everyone around them.


But how did Kanika get Coronavirus? The story goes that she returned to India from London on March 15 and reportedly flouted the rules imposed on passengers at the airport. The singer is believed to have missed or avoided the screening process. Unconfirmed sources say that Kanika hid in the washroom and kept her travel history a secret from the authorities. From the airport, she is believed to have gone to her parents’ house at Mahanagar in Lucknow.

Kanika Kapoor's COVID-19 report!


Recommended Read: Exclusive: Baby Doll fame singer Kanika Kapoor rushed to the hospital for Coronavirus test?

It’s shocking if true, but Kanika is supposed to have hosted a high-profile dinner for almost 100 guests at a five star hotel then and could have possibly exposed everyone to possible infection. She stayed that same night at the hotel. She is believed to have been taken to the KGMU by the Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow and police after neighbours and maids in the Shalimar Gallant Society where her parents live complained. The medical authorities and police are believed to be tracing all those who came in contact with Kanika after she returned from London to test them for Coronavirus.