Bombay High Court dismisses Sonu Sood's plea against BMC's demolition notice

By  
on  

Actor Sonu Sood on Thursday asserted that there are no irregularities in the sustainability of his Juhu residential complex. Reacting to the police complaint filed by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) for converting his six-storied residential building into a hotel without due permission, Sonu said he would appeal in Bombay High Court against the move.

Now, the Bombay High Court has dismissed the appeal and interim application filed by Sonu against a BMC notice over alleged illegal construction carried out by him at his residential building in Juhu area of Mumbai. Justice Prithviraj Chavan, while dismissing the actor's appeal and application, said, "Law helps only those who are diligent."

Recommended Read: Sonu Sood meets NCP chief Sharad Pawar after BMC targets by calling him a 'habitual offender'

Mr Sood's lawyer Amogh Singh sought a time of 10 weeks to comply with the notice issued by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in October last year, and requested the high court to direct the civic body to not initiate demolition action. The court, however, refused and said the actor had ample opportunity in the past and if required, he could approach the civic body.

"The ball is now in the office of the BMC...you (Sonu Sood) may approach them," Justice Chavan said. "You (Sonu Sood) are too late. You had ample opportunity," the judge added.

(Source: ANI)

Recommended

Share