'Please do not give wind to any false news,' says Lata Mangeshkar's spokesperson as reports of the singer's deteriorating health make it to the headlines

By  
on  

Veteran playback singer and Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar tested positive for COVID-19 on January 11 and was admitted to a Mumbai hospital. The 92-year old was admitted to the ICU of the Breach Candy Hospital, close to her home in South Mumbai. She had mild symptoms and her condition was earlier described as stable, with a team of senior doctors attending to her. Later, the associate professor of the hospital informed that the legendary singer was still in the ICU. 

However, last night reports of the legendary singer's deteriorating health made it to the headlines. Now, it has been clarified by Lata Didi's spokesperson that the reports are all rumours. The spokesperson issued a statement, appealing to "not give wind to any false news." The statement issued by her spokesperson read, "A sincere appeal. Please do not give wind to any false news, Lata Didi is in the ICU under treatment being treated by Dr Pratit Samdani and his team of doctors. The family and the doctors need their space."

Recommended Read: 'Lata Mangeshkar still in the ICU, pray for her recovery,' says doctor days after the veteran singer tests positive for COVID-19

Last week too, when it was reported that the singer's health condition is deteriorating, her spokesperson released a statement that read, "It is disturbing to see false news being circulated. Please note that Lata didi is stable. Continues to be in ICU under treatment of able doctors. Please pray for her quick return home."

Also known as Lata Didi, the singer has recorded songs in over a thousand Hindi films and has sung songs in over thirty-six Indian languages and foreign languages, though primarily in Hindi and Marathi. 

We pray for Lata Ji's speedy recovery! 

Recommended

Share