'It’s time to test this legally,' says Shekhar Kapur on not getting the creative rights for 'Mr.India' reboot

By  
on  

A controversy brewed up when Ali Abbas Zafar officially announced the reboot of Anil Kapoor's and late Sridevi's iconic classic Mr.India last week. The confirmation left the director Shekhar Kapur as well as Anil's daughter Sonam K Ahuja in fury with respect to not taking creative rights before giving the reboot a green signal. Shekhar, ever since the announcement, has been expressing displeasure over the thought of bringing a new version of the cult classic without being acknowledged. Now, the filmmaker, on Twitter, dropped a hint at taking legal action against Ali and those associated with Mr.India reboot.

Shekhar, on Twitter, put up his grievance and said directors are those who lead and aspire every part of a film. He further pointed out at receiving no credit for his creativity. In another tweet, Shekhar mentioned, 'It’s time to test this legally .. let’s do it,' indicating that he will take legal action to secure his creative rights. Later, he shared a picture of late Amrish Puri as Mogambo from Mr.India with 'Kya Kaha? Mr India 2 ?? Is duniya mein koi aur Mogambo bhi hai ??' written as the caption.  

 

Recommended Read: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja slams Ali Abbas Zafar for announcing ‘Mr. India’ reboot without consulting father Anil Kapoor, calls it 'disrespectful and underhanded'

Speaking of Mr. India 2, according to PeepingMoon sources, Ranveer Singh has been finalised to play the role of Arun (Anil) while Shah Rukh Khan is the new-age Mogambo.

The original film released on May 25, 1987. Starring Anil as Arun Verma aka Mr. India, Sridevi played the role of Seema, Amrish was Mogambo and Satish Kaushik was Calendar. The film revolved around a bunch of orphan children who find shelter at Arun's residence. However, after the death of one of the children, Arun pledges to fight back the evil with the help of his father's invention, an invisibility watch. 

(Source: Twitter)

Recommended

Share