A lot can happen over koffee! Even when you are not a koffee person. Because Karan Johar for one knows how to brew it to perfection with a dash of his favourite ingredient, conjecture. Raise your hands if you are Team Binge-Watch-Koffee-With-Karan because the celebrity talk show unquestionably lets you take a closer look at your favourite superstar. The up close and personal rendezvous with the rich and the famous is a breather for any and every Bollwood geek whilst KJo also gives us a piece to hold onto by the end of every episode that airs exclusive and extremely entertaining star combinations.
The secret to the success of five seasons of Koffee With Karan lies in the fact that the director-producer-host can get the juiciest confessions out of his guests on the couch. Details that you wouldn’t find in any biography or biopic but only in this starry offering! Some of this information have ruled headlines, columns, events and interviews for years while some make you want to catch rerun of the episodes like a crazy fanatic. While we wait for Karan and the season six of his celebrated chatty outing to tap into our guilty pleasure again, we take a look at the most memorable, hilarious and iconic moments in retrospect (in no ranking order whatsoever)
1. When Salman Khan said he was "saving" himself and declared not once but twice that he is a virgin.
2. When Kareena Kapoor Khan called Katrina Kaif her “sister-in-law” and confessed she wouldn’t mind having a gay encounter with her.
3. Rakhi Sawant’s “Jo cheejein God nahi deta, wo doctor de dete hai” moment remains unbeatable till date.
4. Priyanka Chopra’s no-she-didn’t-but-she-did reply to Kareena Kapoor Khan’s remark on her accent.
5. When Anushka Sharma debuted her lip-job on the koffee couch.
6. Ranveer Singh to Ranbir Kapoor: “You’re watching the wrong kind of porn.”
7. Alia Bhatt got a GK question wrong and that’s all it took for her to become the ‘meme queen’ of 2014.
8. Deepika Padukone and Sonam Kapoor’s first and only appearance together on the show is kinda a hot favourite.
9. When Kangana Ranaut reprimanded KJo on his own show for being the “flagbearer of nepotism.”
10. When Twinkle Khanna revealed the conditions, she had put forth for having a second child with husband Akshay Kumar.
Tonight, it’s show time again as Karan Johar sets to “unravel what happens behind the scene and perhaps, beneath the sheets,” to make us all “a strong insider into his lounge conversations” and we resume our fun and play time again!
Catch the first episode of season 6 featuring Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt and the elephant in the room with Karan on the couch at 9 pm on hot star and Star World.