Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra are gearing up for the release of their upcoming film Jabariya Jodi and are busy in its promotions. However, on the other hand, the Central Board of Certification (CBFC) has made several changes in the film to give it a U/A certificate. The film’s abusive dialogues have been scrapped with more subdued words. The CBFC has made nine changes in the film’s dialogues.
For instance, words like ‘bewakufi’, ‘baklol’ have been incorporated in place of more hard-hitting expletives. In fact, the reference to masturbation that was seen in the trailer of the film has also been removed from the film that will release in the theatres. Here is the list of changes that have been recommended by CBFC.
1. Muted the word ‘Madar’
2. Muted word ‘MAAL’
3. Replaced the word ‘HARAMI’ with ‘BAKLOL’ and the word ‘HARAMI’ with ‘BAWLI’
4. ‘Baaya Hath’ replaced with ‘Jajbato’ ko araam
5. Replaced the scene with other shots. )
6. ‘Chutiyapa’ replaced with ‘Bewakufi’
7. Name of state replaced with “yahan par nasbandi ke baad bhi londe paida hote hai” replaced with “Yahan Par Nasbandi ke baad bhi londe paida”
8. Details of copy right holders – KARMA MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT LLP, BALAJI TELEFILMS LTD.
9. Where ever it occurs. Added anti-smoking static to all the smoking scenes.
Jabariya Jodi is directed by Prashant Singh and is based on the concept of ‘Pakadvah Vivah’ or groom kidnapping prevalent in some areas of Bihar. In the practice, the grooms are kidnapped and forced into marriage to avoid dowry demands. Jabariya Jodi also stars Aparshakti Khurana, Sanjay Mishra, Neeraj Sood, Gopal Dutt, Jaaved Jaaferi, and Chandan Roy Sanyal. The film is produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shailesh R Singh and is slated to release on August 9.
(Source: News Nation)