Twenty years after she was allegedly raped by veteran actor Alok Nath, writer-director Vinta Nanda said that the “onus” is on her to prove her ordeal as she has to undergo a physical medical test following which authorities concerned can proceed with the case.
Vinta has accused Nath of allegedly raping her nearly 19 years ago when they worked together while the Mumbai Police booked the veteran actor on November 21 after she lodged a complaint over a month ago.
[caption id="attachment_147936" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] File photo of Vinta Nanda.[/caption]
"I had filed a police complaint. It took three weeks for them to call me back and say yes we will now file an FIR, which happened last week. Along with the filing of the FIR, which normally should've led to him being arrested or at least being investigated, now the onus is back on me,” Vinta told an eminent journalist during a panel discussion, a news agency reports.
"I have to go for a physical medical test now, twenty years later. I read in the paper today where they've said I have to undergo a medical check and only then they will be able to proceed with the case," Vinta added.
After Vinta levelled allegations of sexual harassment against him, Nath denied and lodged a defamation case demanding Re.1 as damages and a written apology from her.
[caption id="attachment_155327" align="aligncenter" width="647"] File photo of Alok Nath.[/caption]
Earlier this month, the Cine & TV Artistes Association had expelled Alok Nath after the rape charges came to the fore.