Court gives Kangana Ranaut 'last chance', asks her to attend next hearing in Javed Akhtar defamation case

By  
on  

According to reports, Kangana Ranaut had filed an application for permanent exemption from appearance in the Javed Akhtar defamation case. Replying to her application, Akhtar reportedly mentioned in his application to the Andheri metropolitan magistrate’s court said the actress "cannot be granted the relief of permanent exemption." However, the magistrate’s court rejected his application seeking to issue a non-bailable warrant against Kangana for not appearing before the court, a leading daily's report stated. 

As per a daily's report, the court gave Kangana the last chance and instructed her to attend the next hearing. "The exemption application filed by the advocate for accused (Ranaut) is granted for today as the last chance and the advocate for accused is directed to keep the accused present on next date without fail and the application filed by the advocate for the complainant (Akhtar) is rejected," the court reportedly ordered. The court reportedly said that if Kangana fails to appear for the next hearing, Akhtar's lawyer may apply for a warrant against her. 

Recommended Read: Kangana Ranaut gets bail in the defamation case filed by Javed Akhtar

In November last year, Akhtar filed the complaint before the Metropolitan Magistrate at Andheri, Mumbai. This came after Kangana accused him on national television of threatening her to not speak of her alleged relationship with Hrithik Roshan after calling her to his residence. The lyricist said no such threats were issued to her. After Kangana made defamatory remarks against him, he went on to take legal action against her. 

Reportedly, the next hearing is scheduled for September 1.

(Source: The Indian Express)

Recommended

Share