'Karan Johar's 2019 house party video not under NCB probe,' clarifies DG Mutha Ashok Jain

By  
on  

Karan Johar, in 2019, hosted a party with the who's who of Bollywood in attendance. However, despite several denials by the filmmaker and guests that no drugs or illegal substances were consumed, SAD leader Manjinder Singh Sirsa kept demanding a probe. After maintaining a dignified silence over the matter, Karan issued a statement on social media on Friday and said he will have to contemplate legal action against those levying false accusations. 

Rumour had it that the 2019 video that was posted by Karan on his Instagram handle will be investigated by the Narcotics Control Bureau. However, clearing the air, Mutha Ashok Jain, Director General, NCB, addressed media saying the ongoing Bollywood drugs probe isn't related to Karan's party. He clarified that the video that is being dragged into unnecessary controversy isn't under probe. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Karan Johar (@karanjohar) on

Recommended Read: Karan Johar issues statement against media houses vilifying his name in drug nexus, says ‘will press charges if false allegations are made’

Karan, in his statement addressing the issue, wrote:

Certain news channels, print/ electronic media and social media platform(s) are wrongly and misleadingly reporting that narcotics were consumed at a party that I, Karan Johar hosted on July 28, 2019 at my residence.

I had already clarified my position way back in 2019 that the allegations were false.

In view of the current malicious campaign, I am reiterating that the allegations are completely baseless and false. No narcotics substance was consumed in the party. I WOULD LIKE TO UNEQUIVOCALLY ONCE AGAIN STATE THAT I DO NOT CONSUME NARCOTICS AND I DO NOT PROMOTE OR ENCOURAGE CONSUMPTION OF ANY SUCH SUBSTANCE.

All these slanderous and malicious statements, news articles and news clippings have unnecessarily subjected me, my family, and my colleagues, and Dharma Productions, to hatred, contempt and ridicule.

I would like to further state that several media / news channels have been airing news reports that Kshitij Prasad and Anubhav Chopra are my “aides” / “close aides”. I would like to place on record that I do not know these individuals personally and neither of these two individuals are “aides” or “close aides”. NEITHER I, NOR DHARMA PRODUCTIONS CAN BE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR PERSONAL LIVES. THESE ALLEGATIONS DO NOT PERTAIN TO DHARMA PRODUCTIONS.

I wish to further state that Mr. Anubhav Chopra is not an employee at Dharma Productions. He was briefly associated with us for only two months in the capacity of 2nd assistant director for a film, between November 2011 and January 2012 and as assistant director for the short film in January 2013. He has thereafter never been associated with Dharma Productions for any other project.

Mr. Kshitij Ravi Prasad joined Dharmatic Entertainment (sister concern of Dharma Productions) in November 2019 as one of the executive producers on contract basis for a project which eventually did not materialise.

However, in the past few days, the media has resorted to distasteful, distorted and false allegations. I hope the members of the media would exercise restraint else I will be left with no option but to legally protect my rights against this baseless attack on me."

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Viral Bhayani (@viralbhayani) on

(Source: Times Now/Viral Bhyani)

Recommended

Share