Ajay Devgn has refuted rumours of his Luv Ranjan film with Ranbir Kapoor being shelved and told a leading daily that he will begin filming with the Sanju actor in 2020. After Luv was accused of sexual harassment in the wake of the MeToo movement last year, the fate of his film with Ajay and Ranbir was speculated enough with certain sections of the press reporting that the project could possibly have been shelved.
However, Ajay did the honours of providing a confirmation on the film as he told the daily, “Ranbir and I start shooting from next year as planned,” adding that “the film is being scripted”.
The female lead for the film has not been finalised as yet while the title is also expected to be announced soon.
Ajay, meanwhile, has a super-busy schedule ahead of him. Apart from discharging promotional duties for his upcoming film Total Dhamaal, Ajay is also shooting for Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior. After wrapping the film in May, Ajay will shoot an extended cameo in SS Rajamouli’s RRR.
After Total Dhamaal, Ajay Devgn will appear in De De Pyaar De, scheduled to release on May 17.
Ranbir Kapoor, last seen in Sanju, will appear next in Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra opposite Alia Bhatt in Christmas.